The MGA Academy of Performing Arts is based across two building complexes in the beautiful city of Edinburgh.
Facilities at the academy complex include:
- Six high-quality studio spaces (including dedicated music and acting rooms) equipped with Clavinovas and state-of-the-art sound systems
- Two private practise rooms
- Computer suites including printers, copiers and wifi access throughout the building
- Two student rooms and a quiet study room
- Library of musical theatre recordings, scores, scripts and theory books
- Extensive costume/prop store and workshop
- Student changing facilities and locker room
- Fully-equipped kitchen and common room complete with a TV, sound system and DVD library
- MGA Management and Casting offices
- Security and CCTV for student and visitor safety and onsite parking.
If you are a company or individual interested in hiring any of our studio spaces, more information and room specifications can be found here.
MGA also has relationships with other rehearsal spaces in the city that support the specific needs of our training programmes.
Within its main centre in the Grassmarket, Dance Base – Scotland’s National Centre for Dance – has four beautiful studios, each with a unique character. MGA uses these facilities to deliver classes, workshops and castings.
In order to maintain our high standards in creating a professional experience for our students, MGA uses several production venues across Edinburgh for public performances and productions. As a student at MGA you may find yourself standing on one of many world-class theatre stages, including:
In order to maintain our high standards in creating a professional experience for our students, MGA uses several production venues across Edinburgh for performances. As a student at MGA you may find yourself standing on one of many world-class theatre stages, including:
- The King’s Theatre
- Usher Hall
- Festival Theatre
- The Assembly Roxy
In addition to these incredible performance spaces, MGA produces work in film studios, fringe venues and cabaret bars across the city – and, of course, from our own studio facilities!